CAREERS AT INSCIPHER
Product Marketing Manager
Pleasant Grove, UT / Remote
$65,000.00 - $95,000.00 /year
Click here to learn more about this position
Pleasant Grove, UT / Remote
Click here to learn more about this position
260 South 2500 West #201
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
Product Marketing Manager - Continued
As the Product Marketing Manager, you lead a team and direct Marketing decisions for InsCipher (sister company to Veracity Insurance). You research, strategize, collaborate, plan, and execute to take us to the next level.
The insurance industry is old school. Spreadsheets. Formulas. Email. It’s been ripe for innovation, and we're the innovators. InsCipher is the first and only (for now!) software and services company to automate some of the more tedious aspects of insurance reporting.
We have all the makings of the next breakout tech company: a sticky, high-value, big savings product in high demand, a great ops team, and growing sales. No one does what we do, and that advantage won’t last forever. We need to market the hell out of our software while we have a chance to own this market.
A Day in the Life of a Product Marketing Manager at Inscipher:
Since this is our first Marketing hire, you’re a pioneer, a trailblazer if you will. You’ll spend your day building a marketing strategy to generate warm leads, evaluate existing assets, and find ways to enhance our message. You’ll look for new opportunities and help identify threats from competitors. You’ll help develop a consistent brand and message, and find ways to market InsCipher by leveraging the assets at your disposal (design, video, and digital resources). Collaborations with Partners, webinars/thought leadership, and lead magnets are big goals of ours for 2021. You’ll also spend plenty of time admiring the marketing machine you’ve built.
What You Need to Succeed
You’ll be given the freedom to design cradle-to-grave marketing initiatives and put those into action. The PMM we’re looking for:
- Is an excellent communicator, especially written communication.
- Thinks strategically and acts tactically. Combining both = magic.
- Capitalizes on our strengths, while identifying threats and weaknesses.
- Can lead discussions regarding marketing strategy, and inspire others to join the effort.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate:
- Can manage a project from start to finish and hold others accountable
- Thrives on autonomy and, after training, isn’t scared to dive in and be a sponge when it comes to learning the business beside other self-guided learners
- Is flexible with job roles and responsibilities; a hands-on approach—collaborating with other teams will only make you more successful. “Not my job” is not our culture.
- Wants to help build something great.
Benefits include 4 weeks combined vacation/PTO, 401K with matching, health, vision, & dental.
But really, the best part of the job is making it your own and who you’ll work with. Our Sales leader Jason is a typically polite Canadian and atypically collaborative and grateful for a Sales guy. Our Operations leader Kahea is sharp as a tack and a huge reason for our success. And our Product leader Covey is building a phenomenal product that makes it so you’re not putting lipstick on a pig to market it. You’ll collab with them and others, and your combined efforts will be the company roadmap.
We’re flexible. Some start and end early, some late. You’ll work it out with your manager. Either way, it's at least 40 hours/week no matter when you arrive or leave. We value results most of all; Bring in the leads, and we’re happy. Currently, most of us are remote, but we’ll probably have you come into the office for a few weeks to train and meet the team in groups of three or four.
How to Apply
Easy peasy. Submit your application through our website/job board you found this posting on.
Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field or equivalent years of experience
- Highly experienced in generating warm leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn our software and how it brings value to the insurance industry
- Experience researching, planning, budgeting, forecasting, executing, analyzing, and reporting on marketing campaigns
- Project Management skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in SEO/SEM, video marketing, social media marketing
- Digital Paid Advertising (PPC)
- Automated marketing efforts, analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Moz, Domo), project planning and Ecomm software like Hubspot or SalesForce. We use Hubspot.
- Graphic and Web Design, including some print media
Implementation Consultant - Continued
Who is InsCipher?
InsCipher is bringing automated solutions to an industry that is riddled with outdated practices and old technology. Our clients need what we offer and we are uniquely positioned to help them. With years of experience in the insurance industry and a savvy development team, we have created one-of-a-kind products and services that make it less expensive for insurance companies to be compliant with state regulations. To learn more, watch this short clip or go to www.inscipher.com. (InsCipher is a subsidiary of Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC).
Why Would You Want To Work for Us?
Besides joining an amazing team that is passionate about their job, you can be a part of a growing business in its early stages. We don’t have a lot of red tape here at InsCipher. Within the InsCipher framework, you will have the flexibility to be creative and use your talents to improve company processes. We have adopted Agile methodologies into how we prioritize and complete our internal projects and believe strongly in improvements by iteration. We don’t have a lot of fluff that you may see at some startup tech companies. But what we may lack in SWAG, we make up in other ways. You will have plenty of opportunities to grow professionally and contribute to the company. You’ll love your job and the people that you work with. We have fun and try not to take ourselves too seriously. InsCipher offers a great life/work balance, with a host of competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K with employer match. Plus, four weeks paid time off (annually) and holiday pay. And bottomless soda and ping-pong.
What Do We Expect From You?
You will be expected to wear multiple hats. But with that comes a dynamic and interesting atmosphere with challenges that will refine your professional skills. You will be expected to be a good communicator and to manage projects in an organized and professional way (across different departments at times). You will be interacting with C-level executives as well as clients on the front lines. You will be expected to quickly become a product expert and process expert in our software so that you can consult with clients on how to best implement our software into their workflows. You will also be expected to troubleshoot issues when they arise and to research your own answers before seeking assistance from managers.
We believe in a transparent, peer accountability system where we everyone pulls their own weight and we work together towards common goals. You will have a lot of autonomy to choose how to plan and execute your day. We are much more concerned about how you are impacting the business and less concerned about how many hours you are working.
What Would Your Day-to-Day Look Like?
Each day you will be exposed to a variety of activities and projects. Your primary focus managing Implementation responsibilities at an All-Star level:
1) All ongoing implementation projects with new clients - this includes coordinating with sales during the post-sale process, working with clients through implementation, and being their first point of contact for support related questions.
Our implementation and customer retention processes can and will be improved upon, and we will need your help to do it!
- Creating tutorial videos (screen-share) showing how to perform certain functions.
- Figuring out UX and UI enhancements like tool-tips and suggestion prompts to make our system more intuitive.
- Providing feedback to improve our technical documents such as our Batch Import templates or our API instructions to be more intuitive based on client experience during implementation.
- Updating our client-facing implementation guides as needed.
- Internal SOPs and training videos on the configuration of settings.
What Level Of Experience Are We Looking For?
Ideally, we are looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of SaaS implementation experience. But in the end, we are really looking for the right person who can take projects and own them. Can you do these tasks well with minimal oversight? Can you learn our software through self-study and research? Because we have a small team, we rely on each other to get stuff done. Are you confident in your abilities and can you execute to produce an exceptional deliverable?
What Other Things Are We Considering In This Hire?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spreadsheet skills (pivot table, vlookups, sumifs, macros, etc)
- Experience working with a CRM and client-facing support ticketing software
- Project management specific education or certification is preferred