On October 5, 2020, Idaho will go live on its new State Surplus Lines e-filing Platform, powered by InsCipher. Here’s what you need to know.
We’ve compiled a list of commonly asked questions to increase transparency and eliminate disruption. We’ll be following up with more information in the coming months.
1. Why is Idaho transitioning to a new platform?
With significant growth in the excess and surplus lines business in the state, the SLA Idaho board saw an increasing need to simplify the reporting and payment process for agencies and brokers. The new InsCipher platform brings additional functionality and enhanced user experience, making filing faster and easier than ever before. Some new features of the system include:
- Easy tax and fee calculation using InsCipher’s surplus lines tax calculator
- Bulk upload features and API integration options
- Filing submission validation and reconciliation tools
- Enhanced reporting features
- Online invoicing and payment processing via ACH transfer
- Unlimited user accounts per agency
- Instant submission notifications
- Enhanced error detection
2. Will I need to re-register with SLA Idaho?
3. I am already registered with InsCipher in Utah. Do I need a new account for Idaho?
If you have filed in Utah, and already have an InsCipher account, you do not need a separate Idaho account.
All filings due prior to October 1 must be submitted to the portal no later than September 30 at 12:00 Noon MT. On October 1, 2020, the SLA Idaho system will be taken offline, while InsCipher moves us to their platform. Our system will be offline from October 1, 2020, to October 5, 2020.
The new portal will allow broker users to pay via ACH transfer. If the traditional check method is preferred, brokers may still pay this way through December 31, 2020. Effective January 1, 2021, SLA will require ACH transfer.
Your filing history for the last ten years will be automatically transferred into the new system.
7. What are you doing to keep our data safe?
InsCipher takes data security seriously. We have taken steps to ensure that your Filings are available online, at any time, and are stored in a safe place that is continuously monitored. All broker information (including policy data, documents, and user information) are securely stored in the cloud on our AWS server with backups. Broker/user data is kept separate from other user data. InsCipher employs various monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch and Datadog (among others), which searches for and alerts our dev team if there are any potential issues.
Additionally, we employ a Web Application Firewall (WAF) on top of our web application server for additional protection. Click here for more information about InsCipher’s application & security infrastructure. Our online payment system will be powered by PaySimple, which is entirely PCI compliant and DSS certified.
8. Will InsCipher be hosting any training on the new platform?
Yes, InsCipher will be hosting training and webinars up to the site launch. The dates and times of these events will be released in the coming weeks. Training will be recorded for future viewing and will be made available on InsCipher’s website.
9. Will I need to file the annual report with the DOI?
Yes. Premium summary and SL tax payments will still need to be electronically reported to the Idaho DOI through TriTech even if your tax liability is $0.00
10. Who is InsCipher, and what other services does InsCipher offer?
In addition to software for State Surplus Lines Associations, InsCipher offers software to brokers and MGAs to make tracking, filing and reporting surplus lines taxes across all 50 states easy. Visit www.inscipher.com for more information.